Image Map

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Halfway to a few days off

I am in such a great mood this week.  Well, unless you caught me for a bit Monday evening or heard me raging in my car on Tuesday afternoon.  Other than that, I've been feeling super cheerful.  It's probably because I have a few days off coming up.  It could be some other factors too, but I'm not going to analyze it too much. I'm happy, so I'm just going to go with it.

And I think Ian wants to hear some confessions ... so I'll go with that as well.

Vodka and Soda

:: I cringe so hard when people say "ten-year anniversary."  It's tenth anniversary, people.  The word "anniversary" implies years.  And, yes, this means there's no such thing as a six-month anniversary.  Sorry.  But not really sorry.


:: I love the unseasonably beautiful weather we're having lately.  Highs in the low 80s and lows in the 60s.  Sleeping with the windows open in late July and actually being cold some nights = AMAZING.


:: I had to cancel my mini-vacation for this weekend.  It was the financially responsible thing to do.  But I'm still sad about it.  Fear not, I am still keeping the days off from work.  I think I've earned them.


::  I'm just a few days into my half-marathon training and I've already wavered back and forth between "I've totally got this" and "There's no way I'll be able to run 13.1 miles."  Gah.  Stupid mind games.


:: I am a beauty product brand loyalist.  Completely.  Once I find something I like, I do not stray from it.  So when Influenster sent me a free sample of Herbal Essences Naked products last month, I was hesitant.  But I do love it.  I'll probably stick to my regular conditioner, but the other two samples were great. I only shampoo my hair about once a week (curly girl rules), but the sulfate-free Herbal Essences is perfect.  And the dry shampoo has come in handy several times already.  I love that it was a full-size sample.  It smells good and works like a charm to freshen up my hair on the rare days that I can rock the second day hair.


:: I finally got to watch some Rangers baseball this week.  They're playing the Yankees.  I lost count of how many times I heard them mention that it's Derek Jeter's last season. It's incredibly annoying.  I'm not a Jeter or Yankee hater or anything, but seriously ... how many times do they have to bring it up?  WE KNOW!!!!!!


:: There's a new 'N Sync album out and I'm pretty excited about it.  Lance Bass posted about it earlier this week.  Apparently they weren't even notified a new album would be coming out.  I'll probably be buying it though.  There are some unreleased tracks on there.  I actually do own those unreleased tracks somewhere, but mostly on cassette. So ... you know I'll probably be buying it.


:: I finished "Eleanor & Park" by Rainbow Rowell the other day, and I'm still kind of having a book hangover from it.  The characters felt so real. The ending was happy, but also a bit tragic. All the feelings!



7 comments:

  1. i have eleanor and park on hold at the library and i think i'm like 96th in line :(

    i hear you re: brand loyalist! i'm all about promoting the brand to everyone who will listen and will never stray.

    thanks for linking up!
    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it's just me, but I didn't really "get" the ending to Eleanor and Park. How did you interpret it? And yes, it left me hungover too.

    I like the jogging gif. I mean, really. So much time, gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather has been awesome lately it definitely felt like fall when I was running this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you had to cancel your weekend plans, but I'd say you definitely earned that time off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely going to buy the new *nsync album :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanna join infulenster so I can get free stuffs! I LOVE FREE STUFFS! lol

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover