Image Map

Monday, July 21, 2014

Music Monday: Matt Nathanson - "Headphones"

If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter, you know I saw Matt Nathanson live on Friday.  Twice. 

I absolutely adore this man.  I discovered his music somewhere around 2004, thanks to some awesome music-loving friends.  I finally saw him live in July 2008 and have made sure to see him every time he's been close since then (six times).

Even though he's gotten quite a bit of radio time, he continues to make music that says something.  His songs evoke feelings and thoughts I didn't know I had or didn't know how to describe.  His latest single, "Headphones," is no exception.  I absolutely relate to it -- listening to music is an awesome way to break away from the world and really focus on myself.  And I've definitely listened to songs that have made me feel invincible ... like I can do anything.


Thanks for another great song, Matty.

2 comments:

Pin It button on image hover