Image Map

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

A well-spent day off

I'm burning up some more of my PTO today, and I wish I could tell you I'm using it in a productive manner.  And maybe I am if you count watching cheesy Christmas movies on Netflix while drinking coffee and reading blogs in my pajamas as productive.  And if you do, thank you! 

This is honestly my favorite way to spend a day off --- doing nothing.  With two jobs and a pretty healthy social schedule, I feel like I am always on the go. Even though I crave quiet time at home, I find myself committing to hanging out with friends or going to an event more often than I'm at home.  I don't have any regrets about that --- I love my friends and have done a lot of fun things --- but I do worry about burning out sometimes.  That's why a day like today is a really good thing.

As much as I'm enjoying this, I will have to get dressed here in a few minutes. I have fun plans for the rest of the day, which I will probably talk more about later this week.

In the meantime, feel free to check out one of my favorite holiday season entries from two years ago --- How to find love during the holidays.




2 comments:

  1. I LOVEEE days where I get to do nothing but veg out. They don't happen that often, but man oh man, I feel so relaxed afterward

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES to lazy days off!! I think we all need those :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover