Image Map

Friday, May 15, 2015

Motivation = MIA

There was no Fitness Friday post last week.  And that was for two reasons.  The first was that I preferred to use my post that day to honor my mom.  But the second reason is that I've kind of fallen off the bandwagon in terms of working out.

It's no secret I've been in a bit of a funk the last few weeks.  I think Melanie described it best with her post the other day.  How I've been feeling isn't logical or easy to explain, but it's real nonetheless.  And I'm no longer the girl who tries to suppress her feelings because they make others uncomfortable.  Sure, I try to control how and when they come out, but I think it's important to allow myself to feel them and work through them on my own.  But that's another post altogether.

While I've been in this funk, I haven't had the motivation to work out.  This means I haven't had the endorphins from working out. 


I wonder which came first -- my funk or the lack of endorphins?  Is one making the other worse?

I'm going to try and get back on track next week by setting a plan and sticking with it as best I can.

Does anyone have advice for keeping on track with goals even when you're feeling low and/or in a bit of a fog?

 +++++

Last week's workouts
Friday: Off
Saturday: Off
Sunday: Off
Monday: Yoga
Tuesday: 3 miles on the trail
Wednesday: Yoga
Thursday: Off


2 comments:

  1. Maybe you could plan for the week ahead (because accountability) instead of recapping? I'm better if I do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right there with you! Its been a struggle to get out the door, but I've found telling myself that I only have to go for 15 minutes and then I can be done has helped. Usually by the time I'm outside, even if it is for a slow walk with Bandit I start to feel (at least a little bit) better.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover