Image Map

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Weekly Reads, Vol. 34

Earlier this week, I shared an old Tyler Hilton song on the blog. A few days later, I had an important appointment. While I was waiting for my turn, that same song I shared on Monday started playing over the sound system in the place where I was waiting.  What are the odds? I'd like to think it was a sign.

Do you believe in signs? 


I didn't submit this email to Simone at Skinny Dip, but I could have. Her take on dating, intuition, and being brave is something I definitely needed to read.  It's refreshing to have someone say, "there is nothing about you that needs fixing." I feel like I'm constantly being told how I need to change or modify who I am to be more attractive or likeable. It's nice to hear something to contradict that philosophy.

You guys know how much I love my beer, but when summer hits, I invariably start looking for other refreshing beverages as well. Just the other night, I enjoyed a moscow mule with a friend. So good. This lemon berry cocktail by Lauren at Pink On the Cheek sounds delightful too. And for something non-alcoholic, I'm very excited about this watermelon agua fresca recipe shared by Iowa Girl Eats

In a few weeks, I'm going on my first real vacation in three years. I am so excited.  But I'm also worried about falling off my health and fitness goals.  These tips from Helene at Helene In Between should help me stay healthy while traveling

Have a great Saturday, everyone!



1 comment:

  1. Oooh where are you going on vacation?! And during the summer my love for beer amplifies x10000. Something about sunny patios.... :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover