Image Map

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Make This: Cheddar jalapeno cornbread

Recently, I was invited to a potluck party at a friend's house.  She was supplying tacos and encouraged guests to bring sides.  I began running through ideas in my head for what could complement tacos.  It wasn't easy, especially as the ideas of chips/dip and fruit were quickly snatched up.  Then, I went to dinner with a friend at a local restaurant and their special for the evening included cheddar jalapeno cornbread.  Winner!!  I found a recipe online and dove in.  It was a hit, so I'm sharing the recipe with you.


Ingredients:
2 c. yellow cornmeal
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 c. shredded sharp cheddar
1 (15 oz) can creamed corn
1/2 c. canned sliced jalapeno (drained)
1 c. buttermilk
4 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 c. unsalted butter

Directions:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly grease an oblong 9 x 11 baking pan or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, salt, sugar, and baking soda.
- Stir in cheese, corn, jalapenos, buttermilk, and eggs, just enough to blend.
- Stir in the melted butter.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the cornbread is golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan 15 minutes and then cool on wire rack.




Enjoy!



 

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge jalapenos fan, but I do love cornbread. :) Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover