Image Map

Monday, July 20, 2015

Music Monday: NKOTB - "Happy Birthday"

A few decades ago, I thought this song would be the ultimate birthday serenade.


Today, I am 35, and honestly, I wouldn't turn it down.  Can someone make that happen? (And while we're at it, can anyone tell me why the guys are wearing Atlanta Falcons and Minnesota Twins gear?  I'm pretty sure they're Boston all the way.)

Five years ago, one of my favorite musicians sang "Happy Birthday" to me and one of my friends who has a birthday very close to mine.  I really wish I had video of that moment.  But not the rest of the night. (Such a hot mess.)  Ah well.  I'll just have to imagine how it went, which is probably better than it actually went, honestly.

My birthday actually strikes at 12:59 p.m.  I was born the middle of a very hot summer day.

You'd think I'd tolerate the heat better, but I'm not a fan of being outside when it's warm and sticky.  Yet the things I love to do for my birthday usually require being outside.  Tonight, for example, I'm going to a baseball game between the Iowa Cubs and the Round Rock Express. That's the Texas Rangers' AAA team.  I'm fairly certain they planned to be in my town on my birthday.  Thanks Minor League Baseball schedulers!


3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry I'm a day late, but I hope you had a very happy birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! I've been away from the internet for a week or so, so I'm sorry I missed it!

    I love that you included this song. My friend used to wish her mom would hire them to sing in to her, just like Danny Tanner did for DJ with Tommy Page in Full House. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover