Image Map

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Stuff & Things 7/2

Click here to check out the link-up


:: Today is my last day at my current job, and it's a little bittersweet.  I've learned so much in my 18 months in this company and met some great people.  But it's time for me to move on.  On Monday, I'll start a new chapter of my professional life.  I'll still be doing the same work -- subrogation of insurance claims -- but the new position is a significant pay raise and offers lots of room to grow and advance.  And I think I'm ready for that. 


::  Some people have asked, so let me just say there's no update on the bold move from two weeks ago.  Sorry.  My mutual friend has not found a convenient moment to find out if the mystery man is single.  And I haven't seen him since then either, but I should see him at some point in the next two weeks or so.  We'll see what happens. By the way, he's just an option.  I have some other prospects in play as well.


:: I'm going to see "Magic Mike XXL" tonight with friends and I'm excited.  I've been looking forward to it for a while, and so far the reviews and notes are only building my anticipation.


::  Despite my flight issues last week, I've been bitten by the travel bug.  I want to go more places!!  Fortunately for my wallet, I don't have a lot of vacation time at my new job, so I'll have to pull in the reins a bit.


:: My birthday month has arrived!!  Bring on the discounts, freebies, and celebrations.


What's up with you this week?


5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new position! That's always exciting.

    Yes, I've had the travel bug for months now but I'm kinda stuck. Meh. I'm really glad you got out to see friends in Texas though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new job.....I am having a girls night out tonight so I think I'll have a drink for you! Happy birthday month!!! xo Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new job! Sometimes feeling like you can grow and go places can be a big positive in the career world. The pay increase helps too. Ooh birthday month freebies are the best. I hardly spent any money out in June because of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the new job! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONTH!!! It's my birthday month too and am celebrating with a few giveaways. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the new role! What with that and a birthday month sounds like lots of celebrations to be had. I know the travel bug all too well - could you manage a weekend away somewhere?

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover