Image Map

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Stuff & Things 9/3



College football starts this weekend. I am beyond excited.  I have tickets to three Iowa State games, and I cannot wait to partake in tailgating and be a part of the loud crowd at Jack Trice Stadium.
Photo courtesy of Iowa State Athletics

+++++

The brewery where I work is finally offering growlers.  I thought I'd share the amusing text on the side for "growler care."  Hee hee.
Hopefully you can read it even though some of the paint has come off.

+++++

Last Friday, I lamented that I didn't really have any motivation to run. Well, that problem might be solved.  A friend of mine mentioned the relay at the Des Moines Marathon.  Each leg is 4 to 6.2 miles. I think I could do that, so I told her I'd be on her team. And knowing others will be counting on me might make me train a little more.  Now we just need three more people.

+++++

Remember how I was saying I needed a day with no obligations? Well, it's happening.  Sunday.  I am saying "no" to all invitations and staying home.  My apartment is in need of some deep cleaning.

+++++

The Rangers are playing on the West Coast this week.  That means 9 p.m. start times.  And with post-season hopes on the line, I find it hard not to tune in for at least a few innings. I've been putting on the audio when I go to bed and usually doze off about an hour in. I'm sad I didn't watch Tuesday night's game live when Elvis Andrus STOLE HOME!!




What's on your mind today?




4 comments:

  1. Hurrah for a no obligation day! I'm thinking Sunday will be one for me too. Or Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay glad you're able to take a break! And I love beer, but if I tried to finish an entire growler in an hour, I'd probably be dead on the floor :) I'm a total light weight haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The state is coming to inspect our building next week, so I definitely need to deep clean, and pronto! No obligation days are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're getting a day with no outside obligations. Those kind of days feel so free! I think the text on that growler is funny...but I'm a weirdo who doesn't like beer. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover