Image Map

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Weekly Reads, Vol. 52

This stuff going on in Paris. I feel like I should say something about it. But I don't know what to say.  The events are scary and unsettling, even from an ocean and half a continent away.  None of it makes sense, and I'm so sad for the people who have lost loved ones. Thoughts and prayers are definitely headed their way, but it doesn't feel like enough.



Christina shared a list of songs that turned 20 years old in 2015. Her list was quite a memory trip for me ... back to my sophomore year of high school. So many of those songs strike a chord -- some good and some bad.  I love nostalgia.

I used to love the game "Guess Who?" I remember playing it with my brother often. I love what Sarah and Nick have done to make a more updated and fun version with templates for Harry Potter, "The Office," "Parks & Rec," and "Gilmore Girls." I may need to do this myself!! I think I'd make a "Friday Night Lights" version. Or maybe just something music-themed. I'd make a Texas Rangers one, but I'd have no one to play it with. They also shared a recipe for an apple pie drink that sounds like a perfect holiday cocktail.

Kelly overheard a conversation among some teenage girls at the gym recently and has a message for all girls. I'm really worried about the messages being sent to our young women to the point where they seem to believe their value exists only in their appearance.

Lisette wonders aloud how you know if you're ready for kids. She voices things I have often thought. A lot of my friends have kids or are on their way to having kids. And while I love their kiddos, I can't decide for sure if I ever want them for myself. I have moments in both camps -- yay kids and nay kids -- so I kind of feel like I'm not ready for them. And since I'm 35, maybe I never will be.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover