Image Map

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Another year of goals and new things

In 2016, I ...
 
... went to my first ever Iowa Barnstormers game. I'd never seen an indoor/arena football game, but it was a lot of fun.

... purchased a partial season ticket package for the Iowa Wild. I'm still eagerly learning more about hockey.

... served on the event management team for the award-winning Des Moines Arts Festival and volunteered at the Iowa Craft Beer Tent during the Iowa State Fair.

... sold my house in Lakeside. This has been a long-time coming.

... saw "Book of Mormon," "RENT," and "Beautiful" at the Des Moines Civic Center.

... met and started dating Sean. I realized recently that I'm not sure I've shared our full "how we met" story. I'll remedy that soon. I've learned so much about myself during our time together, and I think I understand why I had to wait so long to find him. I'm very happy with us and I'm looking forward to new adventures with him in the next year.

++++

As I've said many times in the past, I don't do resolutions. I prefer to set goals and aim to try some new things. 

Check out how I did this year ...


2016 Goals

:: Eat at one new local restaurant each month.
I went to probably 10 new places, but I'm not sure I hit one per month.  Oops.

:: Pay off all credit card debt.
I got one out of the way. A small achievement, but an achievement nonetheless.

:: Publish a new book.
I did this!! Dropped Third Strike went on sale in June. I need to keep working on the next two in the series.


2016 New Things

:: Visit a new ballpark.
I went to TWO!!  In May, I went to Busch Stadium in St. Louis and in September, I went to Safeco in Seattle.
I got to see my Rangers lose play in Seattle.
 :: Make wine. 
I did not do this. Never found the time, money, or right company for it.

:: Learn to knit.
I learned the basics. I haven't completed anything yet. And I'm not sure it's going to become a hobby, but at least I learned.

++++

And now let's see what I have planned for the new year. I had a really hard time coming up with three "new" things, so I am just listing a handful of goals for 2017.

2017 Goals

:: Pay off another credit card.
One down, three to go. I'm going to do this.

:: Clean out the closet in my living room.
I have not touched most of the things in there since I moved in more than three years ago. It's probably time to get rid of some stuff.

:: Go away for a weekend with Sean and/or friends.
My travel budget is going to be really small for the foreseeable future, but I still think a getaway is in order.

:: Buy a house.
I'm finally free of the last house I bought, and I'm tired of renting. I need more space. And a garage.

:: Make wine.
I'm leaving this one on for another year until I accomplish it.

++++

How was your 2016? 
What's on tap for you in the new year?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover