Image Map

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Stuff & Things 12/8



:: You may not have even noticed, but I unintentionally took a lengthy blogging hiatus. OK, it was only a few weeks, but it felt like a long time. I missed blogging, honestly, but I had so many other things on my plate in November, I just had to shove this space to the bottom of the priority list.



:: After five years of ownership and three and a half years of being a landlord, I finally sold my house. To make a long story short, I bought the house when I took a job in a town about three hours from here. It seemed to make sense and there weren't many rental options. I had no idea I'd lose my job 18 months later and then have to figure out my next step. I ended up finding renters who have lived in it longer than I did, and after a lot of hiccups and obstacles, I completed the sale to them last week. It cost me more than I wanted in closing costs, but at least I'm done now. I can move on and begin searching for a purchase here.
This was my house until a week ago, although I haven't lived there in more than three years.



:: I fell way short in two of my November goals -- NaNoWriMo (only 10K words written instead of 50K) and 30 Miles in 30 Days (only 17 miles completed). I won't make excuses because they're lame. And I'm trying to focus on the fact that I made some progress on both goals even if I didn't reach the finish line.


:: I always forget about how busy this time of year is until it's too late.  Too late to say "no" to things. And there honestly aren't many things I'd want to say "no" to anyway. I just wish I had a little more downtime. I'll be planning some hermit days in January to make up for it.


And that's all about all I have time for this week. I'm going to try and be more regular with my blogging, but no solid promises yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover