Image Map

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Show Us Your Books: November & 2017 favorites


Life According to Steph

I read a lot more in November than I expected to. I thought I wouldn't have much time with NaNoWriMo going on, but I honestly feel like reading while I'm writing actually helps me. And I was so into this series that I made it a reward for spending time writing. It worked out pretty well. I didn't complete NaNoWriMo (only wrote 32,563 words), but I did feel somewhat productive. And I read four books ... all one series, but still four books.

True North series (four books total)
by Sarina Bowen

I don't recall how I discovered this series, but the description of the third book intrigued me. There was mystery in the past of both lead characters and they somehow brought each other through the feelings associated things that happened to each of them. I know that's vague, but I don't want to give up too much. I loved the characters so much I decided I wanted to read the rest of the series too. All of the books can be read as stand-alones, but it does help to know the Shipley family before diving into some of the stories. After reading the entire series, Zach and Lark (from the third book) are still my favorites.

////\\\\

And, now we're closing another year of reading. I need to finish six more books to reach my goal for the year. I don't think I'm going to make it, but I'm going to try. Regardless,  below were my top five favorite books of the year, in no particular order:








I'm looking forward to finding more gems and adventures in 2018.

6 comments:

  1. Read The Hate U Give first. Trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding a good series is always such a welcome thing...you always feel like you just got lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We Never Asked for Wings is sitting on my shelf and now I'm even more excited to read it in January!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have not read anything by Sarina Bowen but i've heard of her, so definitely checking that series out! out of your top 5, i read and loved the hate u give as well. we never asked for wings is on my shelf at home, along with another of her books.. something about flowers lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your second and last favorite reads too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All The Ugly and Wonderful things is on my list! I also really liked The Hate U Give.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover