Image Map

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

A very Harry Potter evening

I was late to the Harry Potter game. I didn't start reading the books until 2013. Of course, I went through them pretty quickly, and followed up with the movies. I love the world J.K. Rowling created -- even though she made me cry a lot with character deaths. Regardless, she's basically a fiction queen in my eyes, so I was pretty stoked when one of my favorite local drinking establishments advertised they were hosting a birthday party in honor of my favorite wizard.


I mean, come on. Beer, cake, ice cream, and Harry Potter? That's a win all the way around.

I arrived about half an hour before the festivities were to start, and it's probably good I did. The place started to fill up fast, and I had to reserve a table for five. Our waitress was often, keeping us informed on when we could officially order the special flights and actually coming right to us when the time had arrived. There were complimentary breadstick "wands" with marinara sauce. The butterbeer ice cream was reportedly really good too, but I can only do so much for sweets, and I went with cake instead.

The highlight of the evening, for me, was definitely the specialty flight of beers.


There were actually five beers, but there are only four pictured because the fifth one was being a little difficult. We did eventually get to try it though. My favorite was the cider. The mango and pineapple were perfect. Cider isn't usually my thing, but it was delicious.

I wish I'd taken more photos, but I was so busy talking and laughing with my friends -- and also watching the Harry Potter clips that were playing in the background. Sometimes, being present is more important than blog content.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover