Image Map

Thursday, February 14, 2019

This & That 2/14

I said it last week, and I'll say it again. I am sick of winter weather. Mother Nature has dropped so much on us these past four weeks (snow, frigid cold, ice, and more snow). If she had spread it out a little more over the whole winter instead of one month, I might not be so irritated. Or maybe I still would be. It's hard to tell. Either way, I'm thinking the groundhog lied.
 

Today is Valentine's Day, but that doesn't mean much for me.  It's just never been my thing. Instead, my husband and I celebrate a shared love of baseball and Pitchers & Catchers Report Day. Both of our teams had this milestone yesterday, so we've already exchanged gifts. He got me yellow and red (Cyclone colors!) roses, Reese's PB cups, and a new Rangers decal for my car (the winter took a toll on the other one). I gave him an eight-pack of BodyArmor (he loves the stuff and we usually only buy it when it's on sale), some Girl Scout cookies, and White Sox headrests for his car. Tonight, we'll probably throw on The MLB Network while we have dinner. 
 

I feel like all I do most days is work, workout, work some more, and then sleep. I try to also cram in some time with Sean, keeping in touch with friends, reading, and the occasional blog post. It's hard. I keep reminding myself that I only need to do this two-job thing for another year or so. It makes the 60-hour work weeks a little easier to tolerate. That said, when I do see the rare empty day on the calendar, I try to keep it blocked off. This Sunday is one of those days. So I plan to get everything done that I need to (laundry, food prep, etc.) on Saturday so I can spend Sunday watching movies, reading, and playing video games. Does anyone else have to actually plan lazy time?
 

The other day, my hands were itchy and I said to someone, "this is supposed to mean I'm about to come into some money." They looked at me like I was strange. Has anyone else heard that old saying? There are other weird ones too -- if your ears are ringing, someone is talking about you; if your nose itches, someone is thinking about you; etc. What's a weird one you've heard? Also, I do hope the itchy hands do mean money is coming my way. I need it!!
 
 
 
What's on your mind this week?
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I have no gauge on the weather anymore, after living in so many different places. It's just like, whatever.
    Though someone commented on the weather the other day (it was so gross out..wet snow, etc) and I was like, "Well, it's February in Pennsylvania", thinking about how I grew up here. There's so little that's pleasant about winter in Pennsylvania.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover