Image Map

Friday, February 1, 2013

Recipe - Easy Cheddar Garlic Chicken Tenders


In August 2011, I shared with you a recipe for parmesan chicken tenders.  They are still one of my favorite meals to make, and the best part is that it's a few meals for me because they reheat pretty well.  The other night, I wanted chicken tenders, but didn't have any of my usual crackers in the house.  But I did have Goldfish crackers, so I decided to do a little experiment.  It was a success, so I'm sharing the recipe with you.

Easy Cheddar Garlic Chicken Tenders


Ingredients:
One package of chicken tenders
1 1/2 c. Goldfish crackers -- crushed
1 tbsp. Garlic powder
A dash of pepper

Directions:
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix together the crackers and seasonings.
- Drag the chicken tenders through the mixture to coat them.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until meat thermometer tells you chicken is done.
- Enjoy!

Three chicken tenders is considered a serving, and there were 12 in my package.  Not too shabby.

I told you they were easy.  I might add some shredded cheddar cheese to them next time for a little extra flavor, but all in all, they were tasty and simple.

You can use any kind of crackers for a coating.  I've also tried some different cereals.  Anything that adds a little crunch and flavor.

1 comment:

Pin It button on image hover