Image Map

Friday, May 30, 2014

Getting back after a break

[pin]
My workouts were shorter this week.  Short for me anyway.  I guess I decided to take a bit of a break after the wedding mania.

I'm eager to get back to it next week though.  Especially now that I'm a bit more accustomed to my schedule with my second job (I work Monday and Thursday evenings).

I really miss BodyPump and my Zumba classes.  Plus that spin instructor I mentioned will start having a regular class on Monday mornings.  I'm thinking that could be a good way to start the week.  If I add that to the rotation, here's what my weekly workout schedule will look like:

MON: Spin
TUE:  BodyPump & Zumba
WED: 2-3 mile run
THU: Yoga or rest
FRI:  2-3 mile run (before or after work)
SAT: Long run or Zumba
SUN: Long run or bike ride (I should have a bike soon)

Yeah, I realize that doesn't allow for much rest, but I don't want to give up any of those activities.  In fact, I'd really like to get BodyPump in once more during the week and I'd like to find time for kickboxing too.  I'm just not sure where I can fit it in.  Especially since I have some races coming up -- I need to get running. 

+++++

Last week's workouts
Friday: Walked four miles during wedding rehearsal/post-rehearsal festivities (60 mins.)
Saturday: Off.
Sunday: Off.
Monday: Zumba at home (25 mins.)
Tuesday: Zumba at home (25 mins.) + Core/arms (10 mins.)
Wednesday: Yoga at home (30 mins.)
Thursday:  Zumba at home (25 mins.)

+++++
 Total as of 5/29
1729 minutes

I need to get about 70 minutes of activity in between today and tomorrow.
Shouldn't be too difficult.

+++++

2 comments:

  1. I always have a hard time getting back into a routine. I did NOTHING this week....but I'm determined to get back to it all next week. I have to start on a Monday because it starts the week out right. Running is good and you can work on getting ready for your half with no problem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about not wanting to miss certain classes. Sometimes there are too many options!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover