Image Map

Monday, December 29, 2014

Music Monday: New music loves in 2014

I saw some great music in 2014.  I saw George Strait during his farewell tour (and apparently didn't blog about it), met Matt Nathanson during my birthday weekend, and went to my 200th show.  I also discovered some new music and fell in love at first listen. 

My Red and Blue opened for Matt Wertz, and I was immediately drawn in by his sound.  
I bought his EP after the show. 
This is my favorite track.


+++++

I went to Wooly's in July, eager to see Gabe Dixon.  
But Delta Rae were the headliners, and I see why. They were incredible. 
I immediately went home and bought their entire catalog.  
I can't not sing along with this one.


+++++
Some of my friends have been raving about Red Wanting Blue for years.  
I finally saw them this past summer when my friend, Tim Stop, opened for them.  
I definitely see what the fuss is about.  
This song makes me happy every time I hear it.


What were your favorite music discoveries of the year?


1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of any of these so I'll have to check them out. Thanks for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover