Image Map

Friday, March 10, 2017

New house wishlist

We haven't been able to really buy anything for the house while we waited for the loan to process. Apparently the bank frowns on any big purchases while they're digging into your finances. I guess it makes sense. But when you know you're getting a new house, you want to buy ALL THE THINGS!!

Today, we sign the closing paperwork on our new house. We're celebrating by going out to dinner and then going furniture shopping. A new bed and a new couch are on our agenda. Eventually we want bar stools for our counter as well. Fortunately, we don't have to worry about a table. Sean's grandpa gave one to the family when he moved to assisted living. It's beautiful, and we just have to figure out how to get it three hours across the state. We will find a way.

Beyond the big items, there are a few other little items I fancy for the new house. I need to watch the spending, so I probably won't splurge. But I feel like sharing them here anyway.

from Etsy
We're doing a music theme in our bedroom, so this pillow would be perfect.
I'm just not sure I can justify $37 for one pillow.


from Etsy
We love the Des Moines skyline and envision a print of it hanging over our fireplace. We'd also love to support a local artist (and may hold out to do just that), but we really love this one.

from Uncommon Goods
Let's be real. This will be be bought sooner rather than later. I already have one, but I've had it for six years, and it's definitely showing its age. Time for a new one!


from the Calphalon web site (because I love Calphalon pans)
On our first date, Sean asked me what my favorite food was. When I said, "breakfast," he responded with, "OK, this might work." On Sundays, we really enjoy making breakfast together. This double griddle would make cooking pancakes and sausages so much easier!

We also really want a turntable, but haven't yet found one that completely won us over. We don't want to spend a ton of money, but we want it to sound decent.

I think this is a pretty good list. Whatever we don't buy in the next year or so, we can always put on our wedding registry, right?


1 comment:

  1. Yes, that's right! You can even hold out for things that you want but consider more of a luxury and put those on your registry. When Scott & I moved in together, we didn't have a lot of money, and we got inexpensive (or down right cheap) things that we needed. Then when we got married, we added some upgraded (and better quality) items to our registry!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover